Too Faced Chocolate Gold

Hi! I picked up the Too Faced Chocolate gold palette the other week and it is, arguably, the most beautiful thing i have ever laid eyes on.




As the name may suggest, this palette smells, and looks, like a chocolate bar; i can't help but want to eat this every time i open it! I went to the Too Faced stand in Debenhams hoping to (finally) get a hold of the sweet peach palette, but saw this and (not knowing it was actually only released that day, apparently i live in a cave now) i knew i had to have it! Now, i don't own any of the other palettes from the Chocolate bar collection, but this has made me want them all, oops.


The latest addition to the chocolate bar collection includes 16 beautiful shades; there are 4 mattes and 12 shimmers. The odd ratio of matte to shimmer baffled me at first, i didn't know how it would be able to create many different looks, but found that, in fact, it works perfectly. The matte shades are pretty versatile (as they range from off-white to black) and can easily be used as the basis to any look.


Some of my faves include 'classy and sassy' which is rose gold, 'drippin' diamonds' a frosty silver with blue undertones and 'rich girl' which is a pale silver with pink hues.


Pigmentation: I have found that the darker shades, like 'money bags', 'livin' lavish' and 'holla for a dolla' don't have the greatest pigmentation and are better applied with your fingers, rather than a brush. Lighter shimmer shades, such as 'rich girl', 'gold dipped' and 'classy and sassy' have a little bit more pigmentation, but i still prefer to use my brush wet with all of the shades (except the matte ones) to intensify the colour. With the matte colours, i found that they are buildable and are easy to blend.

Overall, this is one of my new favourite palettes. The variety of colour means that you can basically do what ever you like from a subtle, soft eye, to something more vibrant.

That's all! What do you think of this palette? Do you already have your hands on one?

Lots of love xoxo

8 comments

  1. I love how it looks like a yummy chocolate bar... I should add this to my wishlist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This palette looks like such a dream boat!

    www.petiteelliee.com

    Ellie xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it's beautiful. Thank-you for commenting!! xoxo

      Delete
  3. Too Faced really outdid themselves with the packaging, its absolutely amazing!

    Vanessa x | www.springlilies.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks great, but I'm not sure what I would do with all those shimmers... For me, there's not enough mattes in here, but I get where they wanted to go to with this palette. Glad you like it!

    Love, Charline | Charline Has a Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand, i thought that all those shimmers were going to be hard to work with, but as i am a fan of shimmer more so than matte, i find it fab! I know it's not for everyone though, thanks for reading :) xoxo

      Delete