Review: Too Faced, Better than sex waterproof

Hi! I decided to pick up the waterproof Better than sex mascara from Too Faced a while ago, after trying out the original and finding it to flake sometimes underneath my eyes. I thought I would review it today, after using it quite a lot recently.



The packaging is this metallic blue, which has a matte like finish, with glossy water-like droplets on the surface. I think this is so cool, it looks more interesting than your average mascara and certainly reflects it's high end price tag. It is also weighted in order to feel heavy in your hand. This is a weird feeling at first, it is quite heavy compared to a normal, cheaper mascara, but does make it feel more luxurious.


This has an hourglass shaped brush, which is thick in order to coat every lash. I find it to grab lots of lashes at once, but can sometimes mean that they end up looking clumpy. For this reason, I don't like to use this mascara when I am in a rush because I find I have to spend more time brushing through the lashes to stop them looking so clumpy.


I find it to last well on my lashes without flaking, but the only trouble is that it is super difficult to take off-just like any other waterproof mascara. Overall though, I do really like this for when I want my mascara to last a little bit longer than normal, and it gives my lashes an almost false lash effect with length and volume. However, I don't think I'd repurchase this once it has ran out, due to it being difficult to both apply-without looking clumpy-and remove.

Those are my opinions on this mascara, I know this post may have been a tad boring, but I have wanted to share what I think about this mascara for a while now.
Have you tried this before? If so, what did you think? Or, have you got any other waterproof mascara recommendations for me?

Lots of love xoxo

10 comments

  1. Absolutely wonderful post from you as usual Aimee! I'm a huge fan of Too Faced (literally have every palette) and would love to try this. I have the regular better than sex which I really do love but, you're right, it does flake! The packaging is to die for here and, regardless of the potential clumpy finish you may get, I think it is worth it for a long lasting mascara! x
    Marina Rosie x
    https://marinawriteslife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ThankYou so much Marina! I agree with you in that the packaging is to die for, I think it is definitely worth it too! x

      Delete
  2. This sounds lovely! I hardly ever wear waterproof mascaras, but I do like the original one x

    Laura
    https://pinkfrenzymissl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is pretty good, if you're on the look out for a waterproof mascara, I agree that the original is lovely too! x

      Delete
  3. The original Better the sex mascara does the same thing on my eyes, glad to hear the waterproof version works better. I may have to give this a try! xx

    Violethollow.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one in which this happens! Would recommend the waterproof :) x

      Delete
  4. I have to try this one out! I did not find the perfect mascara for me yet!

    Lots of love, Miri
    www,meetmiri.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment! I'd recommend trying it :) x

      Delete
  5. I am not a fan of the original mascara! Maybe I will like this one more. xx

    Shang J. | Beauterazzi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As I am also not a fan of the original, I can say that this version is better and would recommend trying it out! Thanks for your comment :) x

      Delete